- HIGH QUALITY INGREDIENTS: We purchase 100% pure, high quality ingredients, with an emphasis on ORGANIC and WILDCRAFTED herbs.
- OPTIMALLY CONCENTRATED: Each of our herbal extracts is CONCENTRATED to the ideal level for that particular herb. This means that each extract is designed for MAXIMUM ABSORPTION by your body.
- GOLD STANDARD PRODUCTION: Your health and safety mean everything to us. For that reason, our all-natural Wild Lettuce Extract is manufactured in the USA, in an FDA approved facility with adherence to good manufacturing policies (GMP) and under the most STRINGENT QUALITY CONTROL. You can rest assured that you get the BEST VALUE for your money!
- ECO-FRIENDLY PACKAGING: We use only STERILIZED glass bottles for all of our extracts. Unlike the plastic bottles used by other companies that leach toxins into the extracts, our glass bottles mean that our extracts remain 100% PURE. Each bottle also comes with an EASY-TO-USE dropper top.
- POTENT, POWERFUL AND EFFECTIVE: Our custom distilling and extraction process is carefully tailored to each herb. This ensures MAXIMUM POTENCY and MAXIMUM PURITY, for your maximum health! Non-GMO. 100% natural.Learn about the impact of Wild Lettuce on pain Here Excerpt from Practicalselfreliance.com“Wild lettuce is native to Iran and used in traditional medicine there. A study at an Iranian medical center cites that “Lactucarium [wild lettuce sap] is a diuretic, laxative and sedative agent which relieves dyspnoea, and decreases gastrointestinal inflammation and uterus contractions. It has anticonvulsant and hypnotic effects as well. In addition, the lettuce contains traces of hyoscyamine, which is probably responsible for its sedative effects.”As to its pain relieving properties, a study in the journal of phytotherapy research found that a compound in wild lettuce known as lactucin has sedative effects in mice at relatively low doses (2mg/kg). In larger doses (15mg/kg), lactucin begins to have significant pain relieving effects.Another study confirmed these findings, noting that some pain relieving effects could be documented at doses of (15 mg/kg). While that dosage produced the first noticeable effects, the active compounds in wild lettuce only became as effective as a standard dose of Ibuprofen at 30 to 60 mg per kg of body weight.So it appears that extracts from wild lettuce sap actually do have pain relieving properties! That said, they appear to be relatively mild and not exactly opium strength. All of these studies were done on extracted herbal compounds, and it’s possible that the whole herb has a synergistic effect with multiple compounds, but that hasn’t been specifically studied.
Wild lettuce Dosage
All of the studies investigating wild lettuce for pain relief were conducted using pure isolated lactucin rather than wild lettuce sap itself. One source says that the sap contains 50-60% lactucin, so dosages of sap would be roughly double that of the dosages noted in the studies.
The average adult in the US weighs about 80kg (~180lbs). Theoretically, they’d have to consume at least 30 mg per kg of body weight, or 2400 mg (2.4 g) of wild lettuce sap to experience the effects of an ibuprofen. The herbalist Michael Moore estimates that a single 4-foot tall plant should yield about 2-3 grams of dried sap, or about a single dose.
One source suggests a dosage of 1.5 grams of dried sap brewed in a tea, or 0.25 grams of wild lettuce sap smoked in a pipe. The effects are supposed to be much more dramatic when smoked, thus the lower dosage.”